Providing the ultimate care, preservation and presentation of fine art and objects.
For 20 years, Sophie Brown Conservation & Framing has provided a complete art advisory service for the conservation treatment and framing of works on paper, paintings, textiles and objects.
When is a frame much more than a frame? What does ‘preservation framing’ offer that ordinary framing does not? There is a world of difference between the two.Learn more
Sophie Brown Conservation Framing is now the exclusive distributor for Rich & Davis Artisan Frames.Learn more
Visit our new showroom and dedicated consulting space. We provide a peaceful atmosphere in which to view our latest samples of moulding finishes and mountboards.Click here for appointments
An update for our clients, colleagues and friends
Paper Conservation Department
Now in full flight, the department has been in operation for over a year. We welcome on board our second Paper Conservator, Felise, this week to assist Wendi with the growing workload.
After these terrible rains, we expect to see more works on paper coming through the door in the coming months. Mould growth, foxing spots, paper buckling, insect damage and water stains are a few of the problems we can expect to see arise from these recent conditions.
If you have any works that you are concerned about, please do give us a call to see if we can be of help.
For a consultation to discuss paper conservation or choose framing, please call us on 02 9518 0624.
All artworks are available for collection from our workshop at 103 Percival Road:
Drive up collection
- Should you prefer contact-free, COVID-safe collection.
- Please call or email to arrange a day and time.
- Park outside our workshop and open your car boot into which we will safely load your artwork.
Drive up delivery
- Should you prefer contact-free, COVID-safe delivery.
- For dropping off artworks for conservation and or framing quotations.
- Call or email to arrange a day or time.
- Park outside our workshop and open your car boot.
- One of our team will take your work and send you a receipt of artwork via email.
- We will assess the item then email a quotation.
We are here and ready to assist you in any safe, contact-free way we can. Please don’t hesitate to call or email us with any enquiries at all.
Sophie and the Conservation & Framing Team